Bob Lundquist – Part I
Bob Lundquist – Part II
Robert Lundquist was station engineer at the vast RCA transmitting station at Rocky Point known the world over as Radio Central. In this two-part interview he provides a crash course in the history, development, and technology of radio. You’ll also hear about the history of RCA, David Sarnoff, Guglielmo Marconi, and the role of Sputnik in the demise of Radio Central.
Among the memories Bob shares are the the day in 1978 when Governor Hugh Carey accepted the property (along with the RCA station in Riverhead) on behalf of New York State, along with the time he had to decide the fate of Marconi’s shack, an important relic of Long Island’s radio history.
- Rocky Point Historical Society
- Radio Central Amateur Radio Club
- The World’s Greatest Radio Station
- More on Marconi’s Shack
- Rocky Point Pine Barrens State Forest
- Long Island Radio & TV Historical Society